***Early entrance applications will be considered, but testing may not occur until after school starts, or until we are able to resume in-person assessments.
Early Entrance Into Kindergarten
Millburn School District CCSD 24 has established guidelines and procedures for parents
requesting early admission to kindergarten when a child’s birthday falls between the State of
Illinois requirement of September 1st and December 31st of a given school year and s/he has
completed a private kindergarten program. The district recognizes that children develop at
different rates socially, emotionally, physically, and academically, so kindergarten readiness can
Parents Making the Decision for Early Entrance- Click HERE
Initial Criteria for Early Admission to Kindergarten:
1. The child must live within Millburn School District boundaries and turn five years old
after September 1st and by December 31st of the ensuing school year.
2. Parents must submit the following paperwork by April 15th to the district office prior to
the school year to initiate the process.
- Early Entrance to Kindergarten Application
- The child’s birth certificate
- Proof of Residence
- Parent Checklist
- Teacher Questionnaire
- Letter of Recommendation, if not currently enrolled in pre-school
- Consent for Millburn to Collect Data and Evaluate the Child
3. New residents who move in after the April 15th deadline, should contact the district
offices as soon as possible to make arrangements for early admission screening.
4. Candidates and their parent(s) will be required to attend a screening with the
kindergarten staff before the school year ends. The date will be arranged with all parties.