Millburn Board of Education Receives School Board Governance Recognition
Congratulations to the Millburn District 24 Board of Education on the receipt of the 2017 School Board Governance Recognition!
Carissa Casbon LaTourette, Board President Denise Ide, Board Member
Casandra Slade, Board Vice President Brendan Murphy, Board Member
Jim Guziak, Board Secretary Maggie Wentzell, Board Member
Irshad Khan, Board Member
The Millburn Board of Education is one of twenty school boards to earn this distinction awarded by the Illinois Association of School Boards (IASB). This recognition is designed to acknowledge those school boards that have engaged in activities and modeled behaviors that lead to excellence in local school governance in support of quality public education.
The application process for this recognition is rigorous and requires the involvement of board members and the superintendent over a two-year period. Evidence is shown in the areas of:
- Commitment to following IASB Foundational Principles of Effective Governance
- Connecting with the community on issues of importance to the district
- Implementation of a superintendent annual evaluation process
- Conducting regular policy reviews and maintaining an updated policy manual
- Monitoring progress toward district ends (mission/vision, goals) with the use of data
- Implementation of an orientation process for newly seated board members
- Having an agreed-upon, written and adopted Code of Conduct
- Participation in statewide IASB programs and events
Thank you for your commitment, responsibility, and dedication
to the Millburn students, staff, and community.
L to R - Brendan Murphy, Jim Guziak, Casandra Slade, Denise Ide, Maggie Wentzell, Business Mgr. Stephen Johns, Carissa Casbon LaTourette, Irshad Khan, Superintendent Jason Lind attended the IASB Fall Division Meeting, 10/11/2017 where they were recognized for School Board Governance.