For your emotional, financial, internet….needs
Need help? Know someone who does?
If you are in need of additional assistance, or have any questions not addressed here, please contact one of our social workers:
Kristen Bethancourt firstname.lastname@example.org
Liz Boron email@example.com
Michelle Yearout firstname.lastname@example.org
If you, or someone you care about, are feeling overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression, or anxiety, or feel like you want to harm yourself or others:
- Call 911
- Visit the Disaster Distress Helpline, or call 1-800-985-5990, or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Visit the National Domestic Violence Hotline external icon or call 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) offers many helpful tips on there website, including:
Tips for preparing for and preventing COVID-19 in your home
Main Site: CDC Coronavirus Page
- Lake County Health Department offers tips and information on COVID-19 on their website here.
- Illinois Department of Public Health
TALKING TO YOUR CHILDREN ABOUT COVID
- NPR - Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
Comic for New Coronavirus
- BrainPOP: Coronavirus (4 minute video, activities, games):
- PBS Kids: How to talk to your kids about coronavirus
- Boston Children’s Hospital: How to talk to your children about coronavirus (video):
- Zero to Three: Tips for Families: Talking about the coronavirus
- SOCIAL STORY: What is the Coronavirus? By Amanda McGuiness
- UNITED WAY can help with Housing, Utilities, Food, Financial Help, Mental Health, and more
211 Lake County - website offers quick links to find help and information from around Lake County, IL.
330 SOUTH GREENLEAF STREET
GURNEE, IL 60031
MAIN: (847) 775-1000 | FAX: (847) 775-1001
- COMCAST is offering new customers in low-income families 60 days of complimentary internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month. Customer must reside in a Comcast service area. Visit https://www.internetessentials.com/ to apply.
SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL SUPPORT SERVICES
- Text-A-Tip - a 24/7 anonymous text crisis hotline offering emotional support for middle school and high school youth. To access this service, text LAKECO and your message to 1-844-823-5323. Within seconds, you will receive an automated response, and within minutes a live mental health counselor will respond to your text. All messages are sent through a cloaking server located offsite that keeps the communication completely anonymous.
- National Suicide Prevention Line
ERIKA'S LIGHTHOUSE - Promoting Positive Mental Health for Teens Feeling Isolated
CDC offers tips for STRESS and COPING with COVID here.
LAKE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT - BEHAVIORAL HEALTH RESOURCES https://www.lakecountyil.gov ; 847-377-8180
Warren Township Youth & Family Services
100 S. Greenleaf St., Gurnee, IL 60031847-244-1101 ext. *401
- Open Arms Mission - Antioch, IL; (847)395-0309
- Avon Community Food Pantry - Round Lake, IL
- Warren Township Food Pantry - Gurnee, IL ; 847-244-1101 ext. 101
- Cool Food Pantry - Waukegan, IL; 847-662-1230
- Lord of Glory Lutheran Church Food Pantry - Grayslake, IL; 847-548-5673
- Community Christian Church of Lake County - Waukegan, IL; 847-662-8887
- Helping Hands Food Pantry - Spring Grove, IL; 815-245-7345